Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

I hate that there is a day to honor something I'm not and want to be so badly!  I had a headache all day because I was fighting back the tears all day.  I had a few melt downs and got really sad.  I just kept thinking that I should be enjoying this day.  I should be a month a way from my due date.  I should be anticipating my baby's arrival.  Instead I'm dreading this holiday AGAIN.  It was tough.   

I can't end this post on a negative note.  I had my loving husband next to me holding me while I cried and I know he'll continually be there for me.  We're in this together and that is comforting.


How did you survive Mother's Day?

5 comments:

  1. Thank God for wonderful husbands. Mine held me and let me cry (and cried with me!) a lot yesterday.

    (((hugs))) I hope this is our last childless Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know - it was hard, huh? And yes, thank goodness for husbands. I decided to take a different perspective on it yesterday - you may enjoy this: http://myinfertilitywoes.blogspot.com/2010/05/in-celebration-of-us-today.html

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the only thing that got me through it was the fact I am working on another IVF right now. But thinking of the miscarriage and the baby that should be here, was TOUGH. But tears were there, and somehow I made it through. Thank goodness for our loving husbands too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you had a hard day. It was a little easy for me because I had to work 12 hours and only got asked once if I am a mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know the feeling all to well too! As if mother's da isn't bad enough, we have father's day next to look forward too.

    (Hugs)

    ReplyDelete

I love love love comments...thanks for stopping by! :)