Friday, March 12, 2010

Bitter, Party of One

As you read in another post, I had issues with my sis in law. She was very emotional while pregnant and didn’t offer her support after we didn’t have a successful IVF. It made me bitter!! We had always been pretty close and it hurt my feelings I didn't get her sympathy or concern when I needed it most.


Fastforward to this past weekend. We went to visit her family and meet our new nephew. They live many states away so its not something that happens very often. I had been dreading this trip. I was nervous to meet my new nephew and I was nervous to see her. I had been upset with her for months without her knowing. We arrive and I meet my new nephew and things were fine. It was late, so we did our small talk and headed to bed. I was grateful to go to my own room...I needed it all to sink in.

The next morning, my father in law was holding the new baby...he needed to do something and handed the baby to me. I really didn't want to hold him, but couldn't say no...so I held him and all my fears went a way...I instantly feel in love with that little guy. I had been dreading it so much because I was jealous, very jealous…I want one of my very own!!!

Then later while talking with my sis in law...I told her how I was feeling. I hadn’t planned on it, but it just started spewing out.  Then she told me her reasons for giving me space. We worked it out and I feel much better not being so bitter. I hate that feeling. Unfortunately, I've been fighting that feeling a lot lately.

How do you keep from being bitter??

I'm really trying to work on this!

1 comment:

  1. I could answer your question a different way each day of the week. I guess it depends where I am mentally. On really bad days I combat it by writing down things I am blessed with or grateful for. On good days I will call myself out jokingly for being snarky. I am less bitter than I was in the past but there are moments when I let it get the best of me...

    ICLW
    http://daega99-arewethereyet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love love love comments...thanks for stopping by! :)