Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I Smile

I smile even when things aren’t going well.
I smile because I think people would rather see me smile than see a frown.
I smile because it’s easier to say I’m good, than how I’m really feeling.

Yesterday I had a talk with my mother in law. (whom I just love) We started talking about different things and she asked me how I was doing, really doing. I was honest with her and told her, its tough and I’m struggling. I told her I put a smile on and am going through life trying very hard to be happy for everyone.

Then she asked me if it were genuine. At first, I told her it wasn’t. Then I started thinking about it…I guess I’m genuine depending on the day.  Some days I truly am happy for ALL of my friends who are pregnant or have babies. And other times I’m bitter that ALL my friends are pregnant or have new babies. 

I wish everyday I was genuinely happy...

2 comments:

  1. Every day IS a good day. You are alive and well and breathing....

    Deep breaths and big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you just have to grin and bear it through the day. And as long as you have a smile on your face, that's all that matters.

    BTW, I just read your other blog and didn't realize you were LDS too! I love finding other sister's who understand the struggle.

    ReplyDelete

I love love love comments...thanks for stopping by! :)