Monday, March 29, 2010

I made someone cry today.

And I don't feel bad for it. She is newly pregnant. She did IVF for her first baby and now is pregnant without IVF. She is ecstatic. At least she was when she told us she was pregnant. But then today, she was complaining to me about how ill she felt and how she dreaded gaining weight, etc and I listened for a little bit...then I reminded her that there are many people who want what she has. And she needs to remember how much she wants this and how lucky she is it happened "on its own" and that it will all be worth it. I told her I'd be happy for her, but I wouldn't feel sorry for her.


Even as I replay it in my mind...I still don't feel bad. Is that bad??

3 comments:

  1. I don't think you should feel bad at all! Since she has gone through IVF, she should understand what it is like to be on the other end, wishing and hoping that you are pg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel bad. You were just giving her a reality check. Maybe now she will be more mindful of those who would give anything to trade places with her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - she has a reality check that you shouldn't feel bad about delivering. Hey, maybe you'll even make her realise she needs to enjoy her pregnancy instead of whinge about it. It could be good for her!

    ReplyDelete

I love love love comments...thanks for stopping by! :)