Thursday, April 22, 2010

Crossroads

DH and I are at a crossroads.  We're not exactly sure which way to go, so we're going to do research on all avenues and go from there.  Our choices:

Another round of IVF
Adoption
Fost/Adopt

The last one has really been on my mind lately.  The other night I was talking to a friend who has 3 beautiful children and is going to fost/adopt 2 children of her husband's drug addict cousin.  Right now they are going through the steps to become foster parents to these little kids.  I was so inspired talking to her. 

One thing I keep asking is...why?  Why are we going through this?  I think because of our failed IVF we're more open to look at other options.  Maybe we needed to go through that to help us look down different avenues. 

Like I said we're at a crossroads...no idea how all of this will play out, but we'll keep doing our research.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with making a difficult decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend who is doing foster/adopt right now and they have a 13 yr old placed in their home. She is sooo happy. I am praying for you guys so that you make the best decision for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you find a decision that brings you peace & joy!

    http://lovelyladybump.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, found you on ICLW - best of luck with your decision. Hope a path becomes clear to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Commenting back from ICLW ~ I am in the same boat - same lay of the land is in front of me too. What do we do next...what if NOTHING works? This is all so dizzying~

    I am adding your blog to my list too and I'd love to stay in touch. Best of luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. July 19, 2002. My crossroads. We hadn't even been trying that long in the bigger sense of TTC. But we knew that we probably wouldn't get pregnant...ever (and we haven't since then). It is a hard decision and none of the roads are easy. But I'm blessed because of the choice we made. And I hope you will be too. Wishing and hoping that your dream of becoming a mother comes true very soon.

    Tammy
    From ICLW

    ReplyDelete

I love love love comments...thanks for stopping by! :)