Friday, April 16, 2010

Mother's Day

I told my mom yesterday that I couldn't spend Mother's Day with her.  I was nervous to have to tell her, but she took it pretty well and was very understanding.  There is just no possible way I could be there to celelbrate her and my pregnant sister in law.  It would be way too painful! 
Mother's Day has always been tough in the past, but being able to celebrate my mom has taken my mind off of it.  Its made the day not about my lack of being a mother, but celebrating what a wonderful mother I have.  But with my pregnant sister in law living there and me already being bitter about her being pregnant, its just way too much! 
I don't know what we'll do on Mother's Day, but I'm thinking it sounds good to stay at home and eat ice cream.  {and maybe pizza}

*edit* I guess just as an fyi...my mom and I will be doing a mother/daughter day.  Just not on Mother's Day. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry. That sucks. I won't be with my mother on mothers day either but it's because she is a bad mother. Maybe you can do something to celebrate your mom even though you won't be with her. Frame a picture, make a card or something crafty to let her know you do care even though you won't be there? You are lucky to have a good mom afterall, she definitely sounds worth celebrating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that your mom was so understanding about celebrating Mother's day. It is such a hard holiday to deal with when you want to be a mom so badly. Maybe you could go to lunch with your mom on another weekend (besides Mother's day weekend) to honor her. GL with whatever you decide to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand, I have a lump in my throat thinking about Mother's Day myself. Good for you to recognize your needs that day but still spend some time with mom. We have to take care of ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mother's day is the hardest! Enjoy your mother/daughter day with your mom. I'm glad she's understanding about it.

    ReplyDelete

I love love love comments...thanks for stopping by! :)