Wednesday, April 7, 2010

When Things Go Wrong...

When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When care is pressing you down a bit
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
Success is failure turned inside out,
The silver tint on the clouds of doubt,
And you can never tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems afar...
So, stick to the fight when your hardest hit
Its when things go wrong that you mustn't quit!

Oh, how I love this poem!!  I don't think the author was talking about infertility, but I'm relating it to it!  Sometimes I do feel as things are all uphill.  But I have to stay positive and not quit.  Its easier said than done and there are some days that are easier to remain positive, but that's my goal!

Hope you all are having a wonderful Wednesday! :)

3 comments:

  1. Nice poem. IF is an uphill battle, but we just have to keep climbing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poem. I think I need a motor of some sort for this uphill climb as it seems it will never end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this poem is perfect for IF! I also read your post about Mother's Day and just wanted to share my "it may be near when it seems afar" story. Last year on Mother's Day, I was not a mom. I told my husband I wanted to go to teatime because we were matched with a birthmom and I MIGHT be an expectant mother, so I should get to celebrate. But it was really hard, being surrounded by all those moms and not knowing if I was really about to be a mom or was just pretending. That night, our son was born. He will be 1 year old this Mother's Day, and boy, what a difference a year makes! Now, I can't wait to celebrate with husband and baby. I am still suffering the pain of infertility, but having our wonderful boy in our lives makes everything so much better. So yeah...you just never know when your miracle is coming!

    ReplyDelete

I love love love comments...thanks for stopping by! :)